Amongst the Polar Bears
From close-up encounters with icebergs and glaciers to the region’s plentiful wildlife, this is a voyage of non-stop highlights. Always on the lookout for wildlife that live in this polar wilderness, you’ll explore this landscape not only by ship but also on foot and via Zodiac. Roaming polar bears, lounging seals, grazing reindeer, and colonies of birds all co-exist in this harsh land we dare only to explore a few months of the year.
Day 1 – Longyearbyen/Spitsbergen
Transfer from Longyearbyen to the G Expedition for a late afternoon embarkation.
Days 2–7 – Spitsbergen
This voyage is spent travelling in the world in which the polar bear survives. Our wildlife viewing opportunities are enhanced by exploring as many remote areas as possible. Spotting wildlife like the Arctic fox, Svalbard reindeer, and land or sea birds can be difficult, but well worth the effort. Ice and weather conditions permitting we can explore near sea ice, through fjords that lead to glaciers and icebergs, and discover bird nesting colonies, all from the platform of the ship. Alternatively, hop in a Zodiac to explore more closely, or be brought to land to visit historical sites and experience the tundra. We are always on the lookout for wildlife, ranging from endangered and rare polar species to sea mammals and birds. And, of course, we’ll have our eyes peeled for polar bears – they can be found all throughout this region, but finding them can require patience and persistence. Come join us in the search!
Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
Day 8 – Spitsbergen/Longyearbyen
On the departure day, there will be transfers available to the Longyearbyen airport for all passengers with flights scheduled.
– 7nts aboard the G Expedition
– Return flights London to Longyearbyen (normally via Oslo)
– Overnight hotel In Longyearbyen
– Arrival transfer
– Zodiac excursions with our expert expedition team
– Lectures and educational programs
– Insulated, waterproof boots supplied for USA sizes 4 – 16
– Expedition parka
– Aboard the G Expedition in quad-, triple-, twin-share cabins, or suites (all with en suite bathrooms and porthole or window, 7 nts). Please note that all cabins consist of twin-size berths and are ocean-facing. Suites have one queen-size bed.
7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
Allow USD25-35 for meals not included. Drinks and tips on board not included.
G Expedition, Zodiac, local bus, walking.
Staff & experts
One expedition team member per 10 guests.