Siena Horse Racing Experience
Siena is Italy’s most fascinating medieval city. The city sits over three hills, the heart of which is the central piazza known as II Campo, known worldwide for the famous Palio Horse Race. Movie audiences can see Siena and the Palio in the James Bond Movie, Quantum of the Solace.
The Palio is the most important event in Siena, taking place on July 2nd and August 16th every year.
The Palio horse race has its origins in the distant past, with historical records indicating horse races in Siena already taking place in the 6th Century.
The Palio is much more than a simple event for the Sienese, it actually is a large part of their lives since the time of their birth. Each person belongs to a Contrada, participates in the life of the Contrada and the organization of the Palio throughout the entire year. The Sienese live the Palio with great passion and you’ll certainly be able to see this if you have the chance to attend one of the races.
- An exclusive apartment where the balconies look over the race.
- This price is for up to 12 people with drinks and food included.
For more details please do get in touch with the inspire me travel team by contacting us here.
• The above experience can be customised to suit your requirements
• We offer Hotels from 3 stars to 5 stars as well as self catering where possible
• Number of nights are flexible
• Please contact us for your bespoke quote